Click a position to learn more.
Applications Automation Engineer | Chandler, AZ
In-Position Technologies has an opening for an Automation Applications Engineer/Robotics Applications Engineer . The Engineer will be expected to perform the job duties outlined in the addendum with minimum oversight. The position will be located in the Chandler, AZ office of In-Position Technologies with training provided in Chandler Arizona and throughout the US. In-Position Technologies is a well-established Motion Control Company and market leader in the Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. In-Position Technologies applies and integrates robotics, servo systems, stepper systems, micro positioning systems, and vision systems to solve complex machine automation problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and able to apply fundamental engineering principals to find solutions to complex machine automation problems. The candidate must be able to multi-task and oversee a variety of projects simultaneously.
Robotics, Control Systems, Motion Systems, Cartesian Robots, SCARA Robots, Servo Systems, Step Motor Systems, Machine Vision, Bar Code Readers, Encoders, Actuators, Gear Drives, and Machine Guarding Safety Systems.
Universal Robots, Parker Automation, Nachi Robots, ACS, Schneider Electric, Robotiq, Microscan, Copley Controls, Nabtesco
The engineer will be responsible for sizing and selecting servo motor systems, mechanical actuators, gantry robot systems and more. The engineer will be expected to write programs for robotic controls systems and demonstrate their functionary to customers and prospective customers. The engineer will also be part of a larger design team that integrates components into automations systems and sub-systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics, or Computer Systems Engineering with emphasis in control systems.
- Should be familiar with Servo Systems
- Should have understanding of Vision Systems
- Eligible candidate must be a US citizen or legal US Resident
SALARY: $55,000 – $90,000 DOE
In-Position Technologies is an ISO-9001 Company
For more information on In-Position Technologies, LLC please visit our website at www.iptech1.com
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
I Applications Engineering – Customer Support
- Put together quotes for Sales Engineers, i.e. specify motion control systems.
- System Sizing & Motor Sizing
- Take Sales Engineers customer calls when SE not available
- Support Customer Service
- Call sales leads Sales engineers
II Applications Engineering -Technical Support & Trouble Shooting
- Take customer calls experiencing equipment problems
- When required, make trips to customer site.
- This could involve traveling but normally will not require an overnight stay.
- The Applications Engineer will be expected to excel in both verbal and written communications.
- The Applications Engineer will be expected to look for new business opportunities.
III Project Engineering (Custom Engineered Systems)
- Assist in the engineering and manufacturing of custom engineered systems
- Work with IP Tech Engineers to integrate systems
- Work with suppliers to specify component level devices
- Perform work required by Value Added Group
- Algorithm or flowchart generation
- Controller level programming and debug
- Create cable drawings
- Assist in generation electrical schematics
- Electrical Cabinet wiring and debug
- Mechanical fabrication assembly
- Use creativity and intuition to arrive at solutions to engineering problems
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this job
Speak with a specialist todayLearn More